Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Small Taste of Home

  Tuesday the 24th was an awesome day! It was the Shelley 2nd wards Youth Conference. On their way to the Manti Pageant they stopped in Salt Lake at Temple Square. So, of course, I booked it over there to see them! It was sooo great to see them.
As much as I love SLC, Im not gonna lie, I have kinda missed home a little bit. More the people and my cat then the town but you know what i mean. and ok Mom, ill admit it... I do miss Levi a little bit... but not that much so don't get too excited & don't tell him that. I still miss Boo WAY more! Give her a hug for me please! 
  Anyways, I got to see a lot of my friends, YW leaders, my second & third families (Starks and Kotters) and of Course my adopted parents (Glen & Ginny Russell). When I got there I was able to locate the ones I was looking for at the time.... they spit into different groups. They didnt see me tho... I booked it to them dropping my bag in the process, & in full flight to give Melanie (my best friend and sister practically) a hug, I accidently hit Bishop in the face or the arm, im not sure which... he was in my way & I needed to hug my best friend!! So, Sorry Bishop... next time dont be in between two best friends who haven't seen each other in a month! 
  Anyways, as we were eating, well,  Hilary & Dalas we eating,  Mel & I were just eating ice cream thingys... Hilary saw Russells (my adopted parents) out the window and makes a comment... well thats all it took for me to be out of my seat sprinting for the door with my ice cream cone thing sitting on the table. Next thing they know, Im flying out the door attacking them with a hug! I guess Im pretty good at that. Surprisingly, my camera didnt surface too much... just one picture of Mel & I being Goobers :)

Mel & I... yea we probly wont ever get a normal picture
Ignore the fact that my head looks deformed 
  I enjoyed seeing my "little sister" aka Maria!!! She is soo silly! She kept rambling on about some white guy who walks around Temple Square... she gone a little crazy... I  wish i had a picture of us but I forgot to take one. But her mom has one of us. yay!


  I really got a good  laugh at everyone's reactions when they saw me. Every time I was asked, " what are you doing here?" haha but I gotta say... Marsha's reaction was my favorite... our converstion was the best!
*I walked up to her* (yes i walked well kinda jogged but I didnt attack her is what I mean) and our converstion when like this:
Me: "did you miss me?"
*gave her a hug* 
Marsha: "what are you doing here?"
Me: "I liver here!"
Marsha: "at Temple Square?"


Haha it made my day! Actually just seeing everyone made my day! I wish i had more time with them all but unfourtanatly... public transportation is kinda on the slow side sometimes and they had to get going so they wouldn't be late for the pageant. But I loved seeing everyone. It gave me a small piece of home for that little while, which I am grateful for. And I promise... I DON'T live at Temple Square!!! I do have a home! :)


& just as a side note as not to confuse anyone.... Russells aren't really my adopted parents. I adopted them & they adopted me but not legally. We are just super close. Glen is just one of the 2 Father Figures in my life. & i do love him like a father... same with Ginny, Shes one of my 2nd moms...& I love them both dearly... just thought I would clarify that! 


Peace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment